Serving Tucson, AZ
Pamela R. Wood, M.S. CCC-A owner of Southwest Hearing Care, Inc. has the knowledge and direct experience you need to effectively manage your communication needs.
She received a Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences as well as a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Towson State University in 1980. In 1982, she received her Masters of Science in Audiology from the University of Arizona.
Most insurances accepted here!
Since 1982, Pam Wood has been licensed annually by the state of Arizona as an audiologist.
She has had her Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association since 1983.
• Adult Loss of Hearing Association: Board of
Directors, acting VP; 1984 - present
• Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology
(AAA); 1988 - present
• Member: American Speech, Language and
Hearing Association (ASHA) from 1982-2012
• Certificate of Merit for “notable contributions in educating the general public and service providers about deaf, deaf-blind and hard of hearing issues by the Arizon Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing; 2008
• Valley ENT (formerly St. Mary’s ENT); Tucson, AZ; May 1982-January 1990: Clinical Audiologist,
Licensed Hearing Aid Dispenser
• Southwest Hearing Care Inc.; Tucson, AZ; August 1990-ongoing private practice
• Clinical and Dispensing Audiologist; Sole owner and employee
• Clinical Audiology Supervisor in the American Indian Professional Training Program at the University of Arizona; 1993-96
• Audiology Consultant for the Marana Unified School District; 1991-ongoing
• Master Trainer for the State of Arizona School Hearing Screening Program: 1993-ongoing
• Certified trainer for the State of Arizona's 0-3 OAE curriculum: 2013-ongoing
• Speech Reading instructor for the Adult Loss of Hearing Association; 1985-ongoing